To direct the Finance department of the country and monitor the activities of accounting, reporting and the reconciliation functions in line with Alshamel’s policies and procedures. Lead financial reporting in accordance with local and International Accounting standards. Interact with internal and external auditors for all activities relating to the finance function for the country of operation.
- Provide inputs to the Director, Finance in the formulation of annual business plans, budgets, policies and procedures for the country to support organizational and country business strategy.
- Ensure regular and continuous functionality of ERP systems and manage different vendors for the financial systems in coordination with the IT department.
- Ensure timely invoicing and reporting to clients, suppliers as well as reconciliation of accounts for the country on a periodic basis.
- Ensure timely preparation of the books and statements of accounts and finalizing the same on a periodic basis
- Assist in the execution of auto invoicing and rectifying errors in invoicing.
- Track each client and supplier against outstanding Account Receivables on an ongoing basis, highlight the same to the Director Finance, Country Manager and take corrective action in line with organizational policies and procedures.
- Managing internal and external auditors as and when required as well as remote office locations.
- Lead accountants and review final accounts, to check accuracy and compliance with the established rules and accounting principles and that all entries are supported by valid documentation.
- Maintain relations with vendors, contractors and customers and responds to their queries and liaises with them for resolution of issues.
- Assist management in any other tasks as required by the business.
- Guide the Accountants/Chief Accountants in executing their respective responsibilities towards the achievement of the Departments’ goals and objectives as well as those of the country of operation.
- Establish the performance plans for direct subordinates in establishing performance plans for their respective subordinates.
- Participate in the identification of training and development initiatives for subordinates within the Department.
- Coach and mentor junior employees on an ongoing basis through providing inputs on the job and timely feedback.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in similar role preferably in Travel industry.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- 7- 10 years’ experience of overall experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Spoken Arabic and English fluently.
- Self-motivated, proactive, presentable with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
To apply for this post, please send us your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the vacancy in the subject.