To guide and manage the inputs for preparation and presentation of financial statements in accordance with established policies, procedures and IFRS guidelines. To lead management reporting for Alshamel through generating timely and accurate reports on key financial metrics on a periodic basis and reporting to the executive management. To ensure consolidation of Alshamel’s financial statements as well assist in the smooth functioning of the Treasury function.
- Provide inputs to the Finance Director in the formulation of annual business plans, budgets, policies and procedures for Alshamel to support organizational business strategy.
- Provide inputs to develop relevant policies and procedures pertaining to the Finance department; ensure compliance to departmental policies and procedures by all department staff.
- Ensure that accounting systems and practices comply with international and locally accepted accounting principles, regulations and local applicable laws.
- Ensure consolidation of financial statements and reporting basis business line, country, division or any other requirements.
- Monitor variance against budgets and targets, ask for clarifications, and initiate corrective actions.
- Lead the preparation of MIS reports through working closely with division/department heads and deciding on appropriate formats, content and the frequency of the reports.
- Prepare and implement financial models for tracking key financial metrics for the organization.
- Assist in smooth functioning of the Treasury function, accounting and reporting to FRM.
- Review documents and reports for Kuwait Stock Exchange, provision schedule and inter-company reconciliations.
- Ensure appropriate accounting, allocations to cost centers for all transactions in line with financial policies and procedures and consolidation of financial statements on a periodic basis.
- Ensure that all budgetary activities for the organization are completed on time and proper process has been followed. This also includes providing inputs to the department heads for preparing their annual budgets.
- Work closely with all other departments to ensure all Financial systems are running smoothly.
- Provide support in business development through providing inputs on preparation of proposals and pricing.
- Assist management in any other tasks as required by the business.
- Guide the Analyst/Team leaders/Accountants/Senior Accountants in executing their respective responsibilities towards the achievement of the Departments’ goals and objectives as well as those of Alshamel.
- Establish the performance plans for direct subordinates including the Analyst/Team leaders; guide Analyst/Team leaders in establishing performance plans for their respective subordinates.
- Participate in the identification of training and development initiatives for subordinates within the Department.
- Coach and mentor junior employees on an ongoing basis through providing inputs on the job and timely feedback.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- 7-10 years experience of overall experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in similar role preferably in Travel industry.
- Excellent communication skills
- Spoken Arabic and other international languages an advantage.
- Self-motivated, proactive, presentable with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
To apply for this post, please send us your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the vacancy in the subject.